12.04.2008

Fictitious Books

My friend and fellow blogger Jon and I are fictitiously planning on starting a publishing company after we graduate. As I was thinking of potential book titles, I also began to think about my responsibilities as a blogger and the various ways that I've failed you, my respected, infinitely precious, audience. And so I present to you this list of fictitious books:
  • Predestined for Success: The Jon Knowles Story
  • Breadth First Search: A Brief Survey of the Goals, Aspirations, and Ideas of M. Sergey
  • Elbows: An Owner's Manual
  • Q? U! Breaking An Unqaestioned Orthodoxy
  • The Sticky History of Wallpaper: Stripping Away the Myths of America's Favorite Decor
  • An Idiot's Guide to Inconsistencies in Class Definitions of the Principia Mathematica
  • September's Shards
  • What Are They Saying About Venn Diagrams?
  • Clementines vs. Tangerines: Five Views
  • Venn Diagrams? Two non-overlapping Views and One View that Does Overlap with the First But Only a Little Bit
  • Humans?
  • Precision in Physics Computation: Between Zero and Four Views
  • Questioning the Utility of Debate in Discourse: One View
  • Vwls: r Thy Stll Ndd?
  • F you, Focault! Narratives of a Highway Construction-Worker Living in an Age of Deconstruction
  • Daddy, Why Do I Compute Mommy's Area Differently Than Yours? -- Raising Kids in a Hetero-Polygonal Marriage
  • Solving Loneliness For Illiterates
  • I Miss You Jerry!
  • Making Sense: Is It Over-Rated? Cucumber Views
  • Sounds of Hummus Hitting A Wall -- The Official Bjork Biography
  • Robots!
  • Am I Really Missed? -- Jerry Responds
  • Should Totalitarian Governments Allow Writers To Publish Dissenting Views? One View
  • I Fold - How A Paper Crane Became the World's Leading Poker Player
  • Song in the Key of Ewok
  • Tall, Bearded or The Sound and the Curry -- A Than'lography
  • I Ching -- From Cash-Register to Fortune Teller
  • Wanted: Nunchucks

Note: I figured italicizing all the titles would make them difficult to read, so lay off all you grammar/punctuation snobs!

Can anyone think of any more?

6 comments:

derek said...

the long awaited post by micah!!! i must say it was a pretty good one.

among my favorites are:
"Venn Diagrams? Two non-overlapping Views and One View that Does Overlap with the First But Only a Little Bit"

and
"F you, Focault! Narratives of a Highway Construction-Worker Living in an Age of Deconstruction"

micah said...

Immediately after I thought of the Focault one, I knew you would love it!

micah said...

Also, the Hetero-Polygonal one is the clear winner for me, but also I can't help but love knowing that everyone had to role their eyes at the "I Fold" one.

jitzig said...

thank you thank you thank you thank you. I am so pleased right now

micah said...

haha, great to hear you actually check this!

derek said...

micah, you should type in denomination test into google and report your results on my blog. chris took it too, so you can check out his results. i am curious to see what it says about you. and for the results of more people, you can check out a note that speicher put on facebook.