3.29.2009

Summer Reading List

I offer my humble apologies to my dedicated readers for an unexpected six-month hiatus from the blogging world. I have been very busy raising capital for a new silver mine in Peru. 

So I thought I would start back up again by telling you what books I would really like to read this summer.

1. 1848: Year of Revolution - A new look at the events of 1848, a year in which almost every major nation in Europe experienced a revolution of some sort.

2. Introducing Radical Orthodoxy - An accessible overview of the new Radical Orthodox theological movement, written by Calvin Professor of Philosophy James Smith.

3. Paris, 1919: Six Months that Changed the World - An account of the Versailles conference that followed the First World War and failed to secure a lasting peace for Europe.

4. The Ascent of Money: A Financial History of the World - Niall Ferguson explores what no one understands and everyone depends on: money and banking. 

5. The Trial -  Just because I haven't read very much Franz Kafka.

Comments? Suggestions?

4 comments:

Kimberlee said...

once i give micah that book i was talking about and he's done reading it, make him give it to you. it's called "walking on water" by madeleine l'engle.

Jon said...

I am so disappointed this wasn't a real comment. But I will.

Kimberlee said...

what do you mean not a real comment? of course it's real. and of course you'll be disappointed to see that this isn't a real one again.

Unknown said...

Jon,
You forgot to mention that Paris 1919 and the Ascent of Money both were recommended to you by your mother:)